Worcester 28i combi boiler: hot water but no heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following a "service" from Npower, our Worcester bosch 28i combi boiler has stopped working properly. It will produce hot water, but not central heating. At first the central heating would kick in if the hot tap had been run for a while first, but now it doesn't come on at all.

I've reset and checked the room thermostat and last night we performed the basic checks from the manual, so its pressure is fine and it hasn't locked itself out due to overheating. It fires up fine for hot water, just not the radiators (which I've checked).

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? I'm guessing I should get a professional in, but it would be helpful to know what kind of cost for the call out and what the likely repair cost might be.

Before the service it had been fine. We'd not had it on much (despite the miserable summer!) and we went on holiday straight after the Npower service, hence I didn't have time to take it up with them (and now it feels like I've left it a bit long).

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
Call them back!

I have encountered some PCB faults causing that problem on your and similar Worcester boilers.

Tony

Its been 3 weeks (we've been away) so they may claim it's nothing to do with them. Are PCBs expensive to replace? Thanks

Just say that it happened immediately after their service but you have been away on holiday since.

PCbs cost about £130 and we charge £84 to diagnose the fault and fit the new PCB.

Tony

Sponsored Links
OK, I'll give it a go.

Is it worth getting hold of a PCB myself (making sure I double check what part it is) as I've seen them for cheaper than £130?

thanks for the help :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back