Worcester Boiler 24CDi - Hot water pressure lost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Cold water pressure is fine. Front Panel says 1.1 bar.

Hot water is only just more than a trickle throughout the house.

It appears the central heating was running whilst the water was out down the road.

Help!

Sponsored Links
You said the water was off
Did any rubbish got in the pipe, its now blocking the filters in the boiler 24cdi is prone to it. need to get an engineer to sort it out :(

ratonnastick said:
You said the water was off
Did any rubbish got in the pipe, its now blocking the filters in the boiler 24cdi is prone to it. need to get an engineer to sort it out :(

Don't think so. I think its more likely to be a pressure problem - eg air in the system as I had to bleed the radiators tonight

Sponsored Links
The heating pressure and the guage on the front of the boiler are totally seperate from the hot domestic water pressure.

ratonnastick said:
do you have good water pressure from the cold taps?
Excellent pressure from the cold. Hot has just suddenly dropped to nowt...

Should the red tank have air or water in it? It appears to be full of air at the moment...

oops dont touch that :eek:

your looking in the wrong place

the water the boiler heats direclty is seperate from the water that flows to you taps the pressure gauge on the boiler has nothing to do with the pressure of the water to your taps.

Dont play with the pressure vessel your only mucking up your boiler

Okay so...

I have virtually no hot water pressure but loads of cold water pressure.

I had lots of air in the central heating system.

What else can I test/check etc? I don't really want to have to call out a plumber but I also don't want to run the heating in case I damage something and its getting colder...

help!

get a heating engineer you will save your self a lot of time and money in the long run.

you may have now depressurized the expansion vessel this may now cause problems to the heating

if you had left it alone you would have safetly used the heating.

you really dont know enough to cure this problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back