Worcester Bosch 18/25 Issue,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler went into lockout today, so checked oil level, was low but certainly not empty. Must also mention, the oil pipe had been compressed where it goes underground after the tank. Worked fine though for last 6 months!

So i popped out and grabbed 6 25 litre barrels of oil. Poured it all in and still no luck. COuldnt get any oil through the pipe to the filter at the rear wall of the house.

So i went and bought a new roll of pipe and laid a new one. Oil now comes to the filter at the back of the house, (8m ish pipe run). The tank is slightly higher than the floor in the house. Now, the filter is then plumbed into a Tigerloop :( Seems like a big waste of money to me!

Now, I cannot get fuel into the boiler. I have tried the bleed screw, pressed the reset and am fast pulling my hair out especially as i now stink of heating oil and we have no hotwater or heating on a cold night!

Anyone out there who can help? I have cleaned the filter at the tank and house, minor crud but nothing major.

Sponsored Links
Undo the suction pipe and leave one end in the pump and dip the other in a container of oil switch on for about 6-7seconds stop boiler connect suction back up to fitting make sure it's tight then start boiler.Bob

Undo the suction pipe and leave one end in the pump and dip the other in a container of oil switch on for about 6-7seconds stop boiler connect suction back up to fitting make sure it's tight then start boiler.Bob
Undo suction pipe from? Boiler? Tiger loop?

Sponsored Links
You will find the tigerloop has a flow and return look inside the top of the boiler undo the flex hose which is the suction and dip that into a container of oil

You will find the tigerloop has a flow and return look inside the top of the boiler undo the flex hose which is the suction and dip that into a container of oil

Ok, I've been trying to work that out for ages. If it's the gold bottom one or silver top one!

On the tigerloop you will see directional arrows on the two side ports the one you want is the one pointing away from the loop don't run the boiler too long or you'll burst the tigerloop.Bob

Check the Fire valve has not tripped. Is there oil visible in Tigerloop.

Just had a phone call from a friend who is apparently a heating engineer! Hes gone through it with me and diagnosed a dead pump so hes getting one while at work tomorrow and fitting it for me :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back