worcester bosch 24i junior fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, this is my first message. Well i had a fault with my boiler. when it stopped running it did so with a vibrating noise, :eek: it then carried on firing up and shutting down with the same noise on each occasion. after several cycles it whent into fail safe with a slow blue flashing light and reset light. A quick general look at the condeser outlet trap showed a lot of grey/black crap inside. I gave the black rubber connecting pipe on top several squeezes and this caused the filter to siphon out and suck a load more crap down out of the heat exchanger area. I then removed said clear plastic unit, flushed it out, refitted and now all is fine. Fault caused by dislodging sludge after draining heating system and refill. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi Kevplumb, What would you say the grey/black substance was that i found in the condenser trap :?:

Sponsored Links
Draining down a system wouldn't effect the condense trap its completly different and at no time mixes with the system water.

Condense traps get blocked by poor or no servicing which is why these should be checked yearly minimum

edd

The problems your boiler is suffering from are:
Crap boiler.
Lack of maintenance.
Not sure, but quite likely also poor installation work.
And to top things up, you have now done something that may well cause poc to come into your house.
Get a pro out to check it.

ps.

Kev is right, your diagnosis is entirely wrong.

Draining down a system wouldn't effect the condense trap its completly different and at no time mixes with the system water.

Condense traps get blocked by poor or no servicing which is why these should be checked yearly minimum

edd

what you on about?

aluminum oxide is that black stuff, the heat engine is aluminum an the condensate is a slightly acidic so it eats the heat ex!

the vacume you created caused you to suck dropping out ouf the sump area,

needs a service, expext to pay around £90 ish as you have to replace the seal when servicing these. ;)

edd

what you on about?

Has the stress from repairing all them Ideal boilers youve fitted affected your ability to read?

was replying to op's statement that draining down a c/h sytem brings sludge into the condense trap

Have a good day!!

Edd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back