Worcester Bosch 280 Leak on Water Temp Sender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:(

Ok My Worecester 280 packed up today, seems water is leaking out from (what I think is) the water temp sender unit [ Item No 32 on the Worcester 280 parts list pdf). It's sited on the hot water pipe that has an air bleed valve sitting on it at the top of the boiler. Must have shorted something as the RCD tripped.

Its now disconnected from the power supply.

I've reduced the pressure in the system by bleeding a rad to stop the drip.

The valve looks accessible, but how easy of a fix is this?

Are the parts easily obtainable?

Comments and thought welcome .. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
:(

Ok My Worecester 280 packed up today, seems water is leaking out from (what I think is) the water temp sender unit [ Item No 32 on the Worcester 280 parts list pdf). It's sited on the hot water pipe that has an air bleed valve sitting on it at the top of the boiler. Must have shorted something as the RCD tripped

Comments and thought welcome .. :rolleyes:

:mrgreen:

I seem to have fixed it :rolleyes: I hope.

Turned out it was the joint just above the sensor that was leaking..... the washer had completely corroded away.. Looked about in me shed.. found a pack of fiber washers,, one of em fit perfect...

tighted it all up and dried it out with a hair dryer blowing from a distant so as not to get anythin too hot on the wires and its fixed...all but the LCD on the programmer has stopped working... it's dried properly.. but not a big deal as i'm hoping to fit a wireless programmer, when I can find out what wiring goes where..

I'm ok with switching manually for now
Although I may just ring an electrical pal of mine to let him have a look.. :) :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back