Worcester Bosch 350 rsf - Last Attempts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Bit of a long shot this , firstly I am not a DIY expert and know very little, my boiler broke down 2 weeks ago I had cover with homeserve who basically were useless, they took 2 weeks to tell me they couldn't locate the part for my boiler and I would have to get a new one, this may be the case and I might have to get one. They said the part I needed was a pipe flow assembly - part number 87161206330 (Obsolete), and I can't find this anywhere, in my boiler manual the code for the same part is 87161206300 and I can source one of these. Can anyone tell me if these are in fact the same part and will do the same job, and if not can anyone help with advice on getting 87161206330. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate I've got this part, none of the sites seem to have this one 87161206330, the thing is this part number does not appear on the spare parts list in my manual the only one is the 87161206300. Are only the parts you need listed in the boiler manual?

Sponsored Links
Thanks just phoned them don't think i'm any the wiser, they are both flow pipes he didn't know the difference, he thinks I need the 87161206300 so hopefully that will work ,

thanks for your help

he said homeserve have been out. as is they will have told him or even diagnosed it.

op call another big heating company for a fixed price repair, then make a claim from homeserve for being ****ing useless.

plus its gonna snow soon and they dont come out in the snow. :p

Got British Gas out this morning , his verdict was that who ever looked at the boiler last has snapped the thermistor just underneath the auto air vent, and it is now lodged in the boiler, he said it would need boring out, apparently this thermistor has a copper wire coming out of it and this part is no longer available, his suggestion was to find an old worcester 350 buy it and get the part off it, so basically my boiler would be fine now if some fool from homeserve hadn't been negligent and put my boiler beyond economical repair. Does anyone know where I can get an old worcester 350 ?? . Then I'm going to get on the phone and try and squeeze as much money as I can out of homeserve ( i don't hold out much hope)

hmm. if it was me that turned up and the boiler was off anyway i would have taken the brass section off. at least then you could have got it drilled and tapped, gawd knows what size of tap you would need and it would be iffy with it being brass.

not sure what he means about the "wire" it's a standard enough thermistor, theres another one near the gas valve.

this is the ch thermistor and the part IS still available. The thermistor was improved and very much available!

the part is "temp probe and washer" 8 - 716 - 142 - 3150

Auto air vent part no. 8-716-140-500-0

Heatexchanger part no - 8-716-142-264-0

these are all current parts. The thermistor screws into the h/exch. ring parts centre or worcester bosch spares to find them. surprised British Gas couldn't source them. Hope this helps

Hi All

Thanks for your help with this

I have ordered the thermistors, so that's fine, as I understand it the homserve guy fitted an auto air vent so thats ok. The other piece I will order today. Does anybody know what this copper wire is that he's referring to?

Could I just check before I order , this part number appears to be the cover for the heating exchanger 8-716-142-264-0 this is the part number for the heating exchanger 8-716-142-804-0 which is a lot more expensive??

Sorry for all the questions. but I want to make sure that I'm not ordering these parts if it still wont work, as I hope to get it working then charge it all back to homeserve.

In the manual for the boiler it refers to 2 leads when replacing the central heating sensor.

It reads

Drain the heating circuit

Then carefully pull off the 2 leads from the sensor and unscrew the sensor from the heat exchanger. Fit the replacement sensor with the washer then refit the leads.

Are these leads part of the thermister I am ordering or do they come with the heat exchanger, or is this a seperate part I need to order?

apologies the part no 804 is the heat exch.

you dont get any wiring with the sensor, there are two wires to attach to it. are they still there or are they damaged. if they are damaged and you need to renew i'm not 100% which part of the harness they come from, a tel call to WB technical would help you there.

The sensor simply screws into the heat/exch and attach leads.

It is NOT a copper wire!! Maybe he's talking about thre pressure gauge..is that ok ?

thanks for this , you have been a great help, last question then I'll leave you alone , is it possible that these leads are part number 87161206330 Flow pipe assembly , as this is the part that homeserve say are these 2 leads. If it is it looks like I am done for unless I can find an old worcester 350, are these leads paramount to the central heating working?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back