Worcester Bosch 350 rsf - Last Attempts

350's dont have two leads for the thermistor. its just one green plug with two wires in it.

Sponsored Links
This is the problem when you have parts changers with no real desire to get your boiler working.

Thats why an independent might be better. I would always do everything to gst a boiler working.

If the thermistor has been snapped then drilling and using a stud extractor would be the usual solution. To get it going a clip on stat might be one way.

Can anyone post a picture of this pipe with the snapped off thermistor?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Whats the green plug connected to?

Tell us or take a specific photo of it.

With a sensor connected to it the boiler should run but just not control the temperature and so go to overheat.

Tony

The green plug that's hanging down is connected to a thermistor, the gas man plugged it in and said I would get hot water only but it would overheat and i would have to keep pressing the reset button, he said the central heating would not work, I have tried it but it locks out straightaway. So we have had some hot water, and the amber standby light stays on for about 6 hours then goes off and I then press the reset button on the top of the boiler and we get some hot water again. Also the boiler makes a very different noise when i try and put the central heating on to the noise it makes when we turn the hot tap on.

From everything that has been said then I basically need someone to drill out the broken thermister and put a new one in and I'm good to go. The thermister should be here tommorow and I will ring an independent gas safe man to do the job. Thanks for everyones help with this, hopefully I have just saved 2000 pounds which I don't have at the minute. I will be on to homeserve tommorow inn the hope they will pay for the work. Once again thanks.

My girlfriends dad came round yesterday, wedged a screwdriver into the broken thermister and screwed it out , new thermister in bolier fixed, So after 3 weeks without water and heat, it turned out it could be fixed in 10 minutes. Homeserve are now going to get it both barrels, thanks for everyones help with my problem.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. To be fair to your service engineer, the sensor seemed to have disintegrated. It wasn't a brute force issue, at least in my case - honest!

I have been trying to get the 8-716-120-633-0 part. No chance. I'll try the screwdriver trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back