Worcester Bosch 35cdi Loosing Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Worcester Bosch 35cdi Combi boiler loosing pressure.
It all started when I took a few rads off to paint behind them, and reinstalled them.

I topped system up to 1.5bar, bled the rads upstairs after boiler was working for 1.5hrs and heating with piping hot.

The only reason I noticed was that the mrs was moaning because I put "Eco" mode on the boiler, and water would take longer to come through warm in the morning.

When I opened the panel cover, I noted the pressure was on the 0 (In the red) but the boiler didn't display any fault codes or anything, which I thought was strange.

So again I topped up the pressure and and run the boiler. The pressure increased to almost 2.1 bar, but then overnight when I come back down to check the pressure had reduced to 1.25bar.

After a little while longer the pressure has gone even further towards 1 bar. Still in the green but for how long?

I put a little plastic tray underneath the copper waste pipe outside, but only a trickle of water and I think that had something to do with the thunderstorm we had in the afternoon, so PRV seems ok.

Water does seem to trickle out of the plastic pipe which I believe is the condensation pipe next to it but would assume that is normal?

Anyone else have any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks
Jason

Sponsored Links
Check expansion vessel air pressure is 3/4-1bar with zero pressure in the system. Have you got too many rads for size of expansion vessel?

It was working fine before though, I only took rads off and painted behind them.
I thought if expansion vessel was broke the pressure would go sky high when it was running

Sponsored Links
Just an update guys,
bled all the rads and a tiny amount of air come out but not near enough to explain the loss off pressure.
I am just thinking- do some boilers just loose pressure until they hit 1 bar then just stay still.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back