Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 24i Fault??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There

I have a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior gas fired boiler and seem to having a sporadic problem with the hot water for the shower.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

The central heating seems to work fine.

Basically, sometimes when i get in the shower it works perfectly fine, nice free floing warm water etc.

However about 2 in 5 times that i have a shower the water just trickles out slowly (barely enough) to wash but still very hot and then as it starts to speed up and either more water or more pressure (whichever it is) comes through it goes really cold. Then it starts to slow and go hot again. It drives me crazy. It really is hit or miss when i get in the shower becuase sometimes its fine which is even more confusing. Why would it be fine sometimes and messed up the next. I have called the customer service line but they didn't really have much of a response.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any problems with any of the hot water taps?

If not then you could find that the fault lies with the shower itself and not the boiler.

I think the problem does exist with the taps but becuase of the amount needed for the taps it is not really an issue.

I think the pressure in the boiler is dropping when the shower is on. Is this supposed to happen? It goes from 3 down to about 1 and then creeps back up after.

No that shouldn't happen.

am i reading it right that you say that the pressure always increases to 3 bar when the boiler is standing cold?

Sponsored Links
No sorry, it stands at 2 bar. But when i checked the shower ths afternoon when the water was going hot and slow and fast and cold when i cam back to the boiler the pressure had dropped to 1 bar but after i turned off the shower it started creeping back up to 2 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back