worcester bosch greenstar 24i junior DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had my 1st combi boiler installed on wednesday, replacing an immersion heater, ive been getting instant hot water from it since in small amounts, however today, i went for a soak in the bath , had the tap tunning 10-15 mins and found out the bath water was cold-luke warm.

so i tried again this is what happened
- turned hot water tap on , pressure on combi at 1 and a half , combi fires up , noticed water is cloudy , green light is on , water flow starts normal but fades

- then maybe 1 minute later, green light goes off , combi stops making noise , water flow increases and gets clearer but turns cold.

- 30-40 seconds later combi starts up again, green light comes on, water starts to get cloudier and luke warm , water flow decreases then water gets hot, pressure on combi is still 1 and a half

- then repeat ,eventually green light goes out again , combi stops making noise again, water flow increases and gets clearer again, water is cold again

can anyone please advise? central heating is working perfectly

Sponsored Links
I would suspect the cold service cock is turned off at the boiler.

could be something to do with your flow rate and min gas pressure setting. get the rgi back.

ive had them out to it twice, both plumbers found no faults but both times i noticed they turned the bathroom sink hot water tap on 1st and this resulted in getting continous hot water throughout the house. so thats what ive been doing for a bath, by putting the bathroom sink hot water on 1st and leaving it for a minute and then quickly turning it off and running the bath hot water and it works.
topping my bath water up when it goes kool is a problem because by then its gone back to being cold/hot/cold/hot

any ideas what problem is before i call them out again

Sponsored Links
It's the flow rate, it should be 8 litres a minute for a 24kw boiler. If you open the tap a couple of turns you will see the difference.

ive changed the washer on the bathtap and i let the kitchen tap run a while, everything is working perfectly now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back