Worcester Bosch GREENSTAR 30SI problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just moved in and the boiler has been off for some time. Had some new rads installed. Boiler has also now been connected to a Nest. Rads were also bled. Boiler is providing the hw fine but no ch. Also the pressure is dropping to 0 after about 4-6 hours after pressurising system to 1.5 bar. Have done this several times. Even when at 1.5 bar no ch. (The display on the boiler says ch but we get no heating?). Nest has been set to manual. No signs of leaks from any of the rads etc. Please give me suggestions as to the problem/problems? Sorry for the lengthy post

Sponsored Links
Thank you. Would a faulty Diverter valve also account for the pressure loss? Or is there another problem?

You're losing system water somewhere! Check your discharge pipe for signs using a plastic bag taped around it. Else you'll need to go leak hunting under floors!

Sponsored Links
Diverter valve may account for the lack of heating, but equally it might be an incorrectly-installed Nest. Some electrical diagnosis required there. The pressure loss suggests a leak somewhere, maybe under a floor? Also worth checking your pressure relief pipe outside to see if that's dripping. Do you know whether the boiler is still under warranty?

Have you tried tying a bag over the end of your pressure relief pipe.....surprised nobodys mentioned that yet.

So now I'm unsure whether I need to call in the electrician who fitted the nest, or call a Worcester engineer, or both. Boiler is 2 years old so hopefully under warranty (not sure if previous owner registered it thou) Thanks for the responses so far much appreciated.

You should have had the boiler paperwork as part of your home buyers' pack - have a dig through for it

Yep still under warranty and Worcester sent engineer over today. Same day as called. Leak was something to do with expansion vessel. Done at no cost so very happy. More importantly not due to a leak in the ch as had new flooring put everywhere. Engineer did write up for not having brackets on the flue so job reqd in loft to fix

Sounds as if it needed repressurising.

I have encountered a lot of those problems on newish Worcester boilers.

Yep still under warranty and Worcester sent engineer over today. Same day as called. Leak was something to do with expansion vessel. Done at no cost so very happy. More importantly not due to a leak in the ch as had new flooring put everywhere. Engineer did write up for not having brackets on the flue so job reqd in loft to fix

If he just recharged it, then it could deplete again if it is defective!

A friend has one which needs repressurising every six months since the boiler was fitted two years ago.

She has BG cover but sometimes cells me because I come in a small time slot to enable her to go out.

Yes sadly looks like the pressure is still falling albeit much slower. Looks like I'm calling Worcester again tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back