Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35CDI boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have developed a fault with supply of hot tap water. The flow of hot water starts and then the water goes cold, i have shutdown the boiler and restarted it and i noticed it did not carryout the normal filling cycle the digital display did not alternate between the temperature and the normal symbols?

Sponsored Links
What does the display show?

Whats the system pressure?

Does it work on CH ?

Tony

i have put on the central heating and all seems ok all rads hot. was installed just over two years.
when a tap is turned on the bolier starts and in less than 1min the boiler cuts out, the digital display temp is in the high 90's and then goes U2 sometimes upto U7. guess its over temperature but not getting hot water at the tap.
i have taken the cover off and it appears there has been a discharge of water through the vent on top of the pump?

pressure at 1 bar

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Tony,
the plate heat exchanger was blocked, i have now descaled it following your advice and the system is again working.

again thanks
Mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back