Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping for a little advice if possible. I've been recommended the above combi boiler to replace our existing system.

We have a 6-bedroom house with 16 rads - I believe it should cope with this no problem. My worry is the hot water supply - we have one main bathroom with bath and mixer shower, plus one showerroom with an electric shower. We might add an en-suite in the future with another mixer shower (though probably electric).

Do you think the boiler will cope with the hot water demand if both these showers are running at the same time? Or even the mixer shower and a tap?

Thanks in advance
Matthew

Sponsored Links
It wont run two taps at the same time if there on different levels, it will go to the outlet with the least resistance,if both taps on full. coping with two showers at once will also be tricky as every time the flow is adjusted in one it will affect the other.

we have a combi, i agree with otehr post, dont get one, also great fun when in shower and loo gets flushed, also if you are in house on your own, have shower and you put washing m/c on you forget about the rinse cycle

Combi's are great - in small flat or house.

Anywhere where there is a family should not have a combi.

The are sold as the best thing since sliced bread, easy to install and you reclaim the space once taken up by the hot water cylinder.

In reality if you have more than one bath or shower or your water pressure is a tad low then you will have to plan your showers and ban the other uses of water otherwise well just don't expect a decent shower.

Alan

Sponsored Links
ok, well I've had a lot of the same comments from all over the place. But a lot of heating engineers have recommended them and worcester bosch reckon this new boiler will do two showers at once.........

so what about a system boiler with a pressurised cylinder?

.......worcester bosch reckon this new boiler will do two showers at once........

They can do this, because if it doesn't you will have to go through their automatic switchboard to get help. You may be some time.

grebo444 said:
ok, well I've had a lot of the same comments from all over the place. But a lot of heating engineers have recommended them and worcester bosch reckon this new boiler will do two showers at once.........

so what about a system boiler with a pressurised cylinder?

Yes the big greenstar will do 2 showers in this weather at 5 litres a minute at 50 degrees c each or 7 litres a minute each at 40 degrees c. As a rough guide a power shower will give you 14 - 18 lpm.

I have to say, these extreme reactions continue to amaze me. I went through all of the above considerations about 4 years when buying a new boiler. I had a 5 bed house with 2 bathrooms, but only two of us living in the house. I took the decision to buy a condensing combi boiler and rip out the old gravity system - it was a 46kw boiler, more powerful than even the latest worcester bosch. We never regretted that decision. We ALWAYS had fantastic showers (ie good flow) and baths - people even used to comment on what great showers we had. Yes, if the tap was running downstairs or whatever, there would be slight decrease in flow rate during, but not to an extent that was a hassle. In my practical view, as long as you dont have a family racing around wanting 2 showers at the same time, and as long as you get the most powerful combi boiler possible (I have just moved, and I am about to buy another boiler. It will be a condensing combi again, but I am hesitant as to whether the worcester bosch 40 will be enough, given that we have always had at least 46 kw). The continental boilers are far more powerful - your risk of course is accessibility of spare parts. See sedbuk.com for high efficiency boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back