Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Fan fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on here, and, I`m sorry to say, I could do with some help. :cry:

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 35 CDi boiler, which is just over 2 years old, so it`s just out of warranty. :evil:

Yesterday, the fault code C6 appeared on the display and the boiler failed to light.
The manual gives "Fan speed too low" as the cause of the fault.
As my job is in electrical fault finding, I`ve checked the fan and found that it`s not running at all, so ( I think) either the fan or the control board has packed up.
I`ve priced both componenets at around £200 (ouch).

Has anyone any experience with this problem? Is it a common fault on this type of boiler?
Are ther any other possible causes of this fault?
Do Worcester Bosch have a fixed cost repair service?
Will Worcester Bosch listen to any complaints as the boiler is only just out of warranty?

Sorry for all the questions but I hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone any experience with this problem? Is it a common fault on this type of boiler?

WB fan fault is a common fault

Are there any other possible causes of this fault?

Faulty wiring loom or pcb

Do Worcester Bosch have a fixed cost repair service?

It was £185 not sure if its gone up a bit

Will Worcester Bosch listen to any complaints as the boiler is only just out of warranty?

Try them ;)

Thanks for your help Gremlin, it`s very much appreciated! :D

£185 is also the cost of a new fan, which I was going to fit myself.
The problem with that is that the gas pipe needs to be removed to take the old fan out and install a new one, so it looks like WB will be getting the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back