Worcester Bosch Greenstar Combi Boiler - water leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had my Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28 fitted in May 2006 by a Corgi heating engineer. It has been fine except for the pressure dropping from time to time.

I bled the radiators on yesterday morning and the pressure dropped from about 1.5 to zero. The pilot light and heating comes on and I have hot water. However, after using the boiler to run water for a bath, I noticed a small pool of water under the boiler. I noticed small drips coming from underneath the boiler. I switched off the boiler and the electricity supply and the dripping stopped. Overnight it lost no further water.

I am going to call out a plumber but any ideas on what this could be? I have wondered if it is a build up of condensation as if it was a leaky pipe, surely that would continue even when switched off?

I apologise for my lack of knowledge and would be grateful for any assistance as I don't want to be ripped off!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks - If I knew how, I would! I'm a girly on my own with my other half away in the Army.... so trying my best.

Joking apart, do you think this is linked to the water coming out? Sorry if I sound stupid, but if I am told, then I will learn :)

Sponsored Links
put some pressure in and the water sounds like condense water maybe the trap seal has gone.

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back