Worcester Bosch Greenstar Filter - installed right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if our filter has been installed correctly.

It is on the return pipe of a Junior 28i, but the arrows on the filter don't tally with the water flow direction. The water goes into the filter through the top connection which has an outward facing arrow on it, and comes out to the boiler from the lower connection which has an inward facing arrow.

It's not appearing to be causing any problems, but was just look either for reassurance that it can be fitted like this if some jiggery pokery is done to the filter when installing, or if I need to get in touch with the installer before it does any damage.

Sponsored Links
If its a gauze filter then the arrows should be disregarded. It may be better fitted the other way.

But can you post a photo?

Tony

I don't know to be honest. I've not looked inside the filter, and didnt want to remove the bottom section unless I had to. From what I gather its a magnet to catch the particles and something at the bottom for non-magnetic.

I'll post a photo later today.

Sponsored Links
If its a magnetic filter then it probably does not matter but a photo please and showing the arrow.

You should have the instruction book for it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back