Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave Programmer Fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have an oil fired Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave 12/18 Combi Boiler that has just started playing up. Its about 18 months old and I installed it myself and then had an oftec approved plumber sign it off.

I noticed yesterday that the heating did not come on when it should have despite the thermostat calling for heat. I fiddled with the programmer (WB 2 channel installed in boiler fascia) and the boiler fired up and all was fine. The same thing happened again this morning so I investigated a little further.

The problem is a little odd.

HW and CH are generally programmed come on and go off together however the boiler will not supply either HW or CH unless I turn one or the other off!

I.e. programmer set to:

CH=on HW=on: Boiler will not fire to supply HW or CH
CH=on HW=off: Boiler operates normally for CH (but obviously no HW)
CH=off HW=on: Boiler operates normally for HW (but no CH)

I reset the programmer, but it has not made any difference.

I assume this is a programmer fault? If it is what would you recommend as a replacement combined thermostat/programmer and what cable would I need between the programmer and boiler?

Sponsored Links
Incidentally Worcestorbosch group the Oftec guy's I work with are somewhat dissapointed in youe greenstar oil boiler's , bit's of plastic , tacky ally 2nd heat exc with bit's of wire in ??? could be trouble ahead for some unfortunate installer's & customer's maybe ?????

Not to mention how bl---y awkward it is to remove the burner. And what about getting to the PRV ? The oil connections are a pain (although i have heard this may have been addressed) and so is the slide out control panel.
There, i've said it. Stix.

personally i now deffinetly stick to grant. after spending more time. disasembling a new heatslave,just to fit the darn thing.

Sponsored Links
Incidentally Worcestorbosch when are you & allot of other boiler manu's going to stop ripping people off over spare part's it is not as if you actually manufacture any or most of them , these 5 year warranty's l;et me guess ?? 4 year's & 9 month's after installation when say your printed circuit board go's pear shaped will you tell the customer there warranty is null & void because there is not enough inhibitor in the system or some other boiler manu excuse ???
why do you have different grade's of installer ??? Why is not the 5 year warranty given to all , & not just the free lunch brigade ??? far as i am concerned boiler manu's pick the best of a bad bunch & hope you get it right !!!! :)

Incidentally I don't suppose you (Worcestor) would like to donate a couple of boiler's to a school woud you ??? for there swimming pool ??? :)

To be fair, Transam, WB are one of the better manufacturers for using common sense when parts fail just out of warranty.

Some other manufacturers are making customers jump through hoops now when they try to register thier warranty siting DPA if you (installer) attempts to register the warranty on a new boiler if the customer isn't in the house at the time you call meaning the customer then has to go and register the boiler themselves and some of them simply forget to do it until it's too late.

I'm one of the free lunch brigade mate so maybes not an objective point of view however I like to think I'm honest and tell it like it is so feel bound to have to say that WB's CS is second to none in this industry, IMO.

Hi, this is Worcester, Bosch Group

Although we don't currently offer live technical support online, our Technical Support department will be able to help. Their number is 0844 892 3366 - they're open 6 days a week and on average answer calls within 20 second. If you want to know more about our Technical Support department visit our website: http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/homeowner/customer-service/customer-technical-support

We look forward to helping you

How much to call 0844 892 3366. and assuming an 18 month old boiler is still under warranty, how do we claim it back.

tonybhoy";p="1624252 said:
To be fair, Transam, WB are one of the better manufacturers for using common sense when parts fail just out of warranty.

Point taken just thought I would have a rant at some one ??? Incidentally I am off to J&S for a free lunch in June :)

Sorry I have to Agree, Worcester Bosch used to make brilliant boiler....then they must have been taken over by a muppet!!!, sorry If I offend the Worcester Bosch Group, but really A down firing burner!!! that's prehistoric technology (boiler shuts off...HEAT RISES)!!! back into the burner, then it goes into a cavenous space, through some rather awkward baffles, then up to the secondary heat exchanger, which if your very very very very lucky the bottom 2 screws won't have "welded" themselves to the body & do those "Sieves" really alter the flues gases? I can see it on Grant Boiler with their "turbulators", then to get the burner out you have to slide the control panel forward!!!! why can't you go back to the old boilers (If it isn't broke DON'T FIX IT)....
as I first stated Worcester used to make brilliant boilers..but then :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back