Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 28I

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

New here but need some advice as I didn't want to call the engineer out if its nothing. Thanks in advance

Basically yesterday had a new boiler fitted, as per thread title. Since its been fitted the unit or pipe work (not sure which) is making a very strange noise. Excuse me for the reference to toilet noises but i can only describe it as a noise as if some one has diaorea (spelling)... popping, spluttering like someone has bad toilet problems. It only happens now and again, and for a short period. i.e not long enough to locate the noise.... but it is very loud.

Any ideas on this?

Sponsored Links
Could be a weak gas/air mixture, or could be waterside problem.

You need to call your installer back asap.

Is this a combi or a heat only?

If a combi is the boiler on heating or DHW when it makes the noise?

Tony

its a combi, i think i have tracked it down to the condensing pipe, the pipe drops down about three foot before going into a 'trap' and then onwards along the pipe into the drains........... think it may be the gushing of water from the boiler into the trap and then the air suction type noise when it moves on....

Sponsored Links
It should have an "air break" between the built in trap and any second trap!

Hardly a toilet noise though!

Tony

spoke to him and he is going to change the layout of the drop so its not as big drop to the trap although not heard it since , maybe it was something else ???

thanks for the info :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back