worcester bosch greenstar short cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a worcester bosch greenstar 18-25 condensing boiler.
I ran out of oil and had to bleed the system through. I got the boiler to fire and it only ran for about 5 mins and has been cycling for the last 40 mins or so. I disconnected the condesate pipe in case it was frozen.
I think I may have CH pipes that are potentialy forzen as I have had no CH for nearly a week.

I have turned on and off and tried reset butttons but as soon as I turn the boiler on it doesn't fire it goes into "cycle mode".

Hope someone can help...

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Which model is it there are several greenstar 18/25 models , is it a normal boiler , system boiler or a combi???

I don't think the boilerdokter practices on oil condensers, he thinks they work like gas units.

When you say it cycles for 40 mins, what exactly do you mean? Is the burner motor running, is it producing heat/steam from flue?

Sponsored Links
It's a normal boiler not a combi.
the f and E has ice in it and possibly expansion pipe blocked a bit. Would that cause it? Got a hair dryer on it but might get the blow torch on low!

thanks for replies

Yes. sorry I wasn't very clear.
I have now sorted it. The CH pipes had frozen so the boiler was cycling almost immediately. I heated up the pipes until they defrosted and its OK for now.
I can't believe I ran out of oil. I will never do that again and to rub salt in the wound I'm paying £1 a litre for Kerosene IF I collect it. :(
They have got me by the balls the heating oil cartels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back