Worcester-bosch junior greenstar 24i DHW sensor leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've found a leak in my boiler, the DHW sensor has somehow 'popped out' of the flow manifold. Easy to fix, as it is a push fit, but I'm wondering what made it come out of its place and whether it is recommended that a new part is fitted. Having looked at the original part there seem to be no problems and the boiler is fine since under pressure, no leaks. (Just worried of this could happen again in the future)
Any advice would be grately appreciated

Sponsored Links
I may have just figured out the reason this has happened. The sensor is supposed to be secured with a clip to the manifold, which the person installing (the manifold) has left put. I have now put the clip in place, which I hope was the problem in the first place and has fixed the problem. The boiler is working fine, haven't seen any leaks. If someone reading this has a different suggestion though, please let me know!
Thanks.

Have you just had the manifold renewed ? If so and the clip wasn't fitted that'll be the problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back