worcester Bosch Ri24 boiler NOT a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm a little confused as I'm about to have a boiler replaced and having had 3 quotes each is telling me different stories.
My pump is situated a distance away from the boiler, one plumber is now telling me I need a pumb override electrical supply to run from the boiler to the pump, yet the one plumber tells me I can use the exsisting supply to the pumb as the override.
My problem is if I do need an extra wire it's not an easy job as the floor boards are chip boards and I've just had new carpets fitted.

I would appreciate anyones help
:D

Sponsored Links
You will need the following on this model at the boiler:-

Permanent live
Switched live
Neutral
Earth
Pump live.

What supplies do you have to your current boiler?

The problem is really nothing to do with your old boiler, or the proposed one, the question you ask can only really be answered by an Electrician standing in your house, so he can see how the existing wiring is configured ;)

As far as I can see the pump has a supply

There is a 3 way "T" valve which I presume must have its own supply.

All of these are in the same location as the pump in the airring cupboard.

The boiler has its supply via a spur to the timer controller next to the kitchen.

Regards

Sponsored Links
You will need the following on this model at the boiler:-

Permanent live
Switched live
Neutral
Earth
Pump live.

What supplies do you have to your current boiler?
plumbnuts has answered correctly
you will require 5 wires from the boiler to the wiring centre as above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back