Worcester Bosch System Boiler - Pressure too low?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Worcester Bosch System Boiler and it seems to be working fine. However reading an article on the web earlier and bleeding some rads has made me think is the pressure in the system correct? We had this new boiler installed by an accredited Worcester Bosch installer in Jan 2011.

When the system is off (the heating and water is not on) it's in the red zone, and it increases into the green area when the heating and/or water is on.

There is a flexible hose filling loop at the base of the boiler already connected, so there are no end caps. There are 2 valves either end of the filling loop - do I just open these to leave the water into the system to re-pressurise?

Does the system need to be re-pressurised? and can this be done by myself or by the company who installed it for us.

Also if it stays in the red when cold what problems does this cause, is it urgent to sort out this problem?

Lauren

Sponsored Links
let some water in by opening the valves, do it slowly so it is just in the green say between 1.0-1.5 bar, when cold

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back