Worcester Bosh Greenstar 18ri replacement for Baxi Barcelona

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just installed a W/B Greenstar 18ri boiler for vented separate tank and pump system in place of a Baxi Barcelona boiler.( The installation will be inspected and certified by an approved person on completion) The installation is complete, all water pipes connected and bled, gas connected (22mm) and flu complete. No other electrical disturbancies to old system.
Mains connected @ ST1 from a fused plug and the original 4 wire cable from the original system wiring center connected @ST2 as follows Red to LP Blue to NP and Yellow to LR.
(old wires red, blue, yellow plus earth) connected the same as page 25 of installation manual
On power up (with gas isol valve open) as well as max temp demanded from hall stat and CH selected "on" at the programmer
I get the following
1/ no CH light on programmer
2/ Blue light on steady on boiler front panel
3/ no boiler light up or any sound of ignition
4/ fan operates for a second and then stops
5/ tried all positions of mode switch to no avail, however blue light goes to flashing mode in max and min settings
6/ with power on and boiler selected on I get no voltage at ST2 connector either pin LP or LR
7/ 2 amp f1 fuse is servicable

I have made the following asummtions
1/ yellow wire from service center is switched live demand?
2/ system wiring center is not getting a live feed other than from the boiler?
Any help would be very helpfull
Thanks
Barry

Sponsored Links
How could it have been "inspected and certified" by an "approved person" if you haven't had it fired up yet? What'd they do? Come in, look at the pipework, go "yep", then walk out? If it's not been commissioned then you don't know it's running correctly or safely.

Oh will be. Sorry. But still. If it is fired up without being commissioned by someone Gas Safe, it's classed as an at risk appliance and shouldn't be used on pain of a 5 grand fine.

And how are you sure that there isn't a gas leak?

Sponsored Links
Barry, this is exactly why DIyers are not meant to be installing gas appliances because they usually dont have enough knowledge to know how to do it properly.

We cannot inspect your installation and it would be inappropriate for us to give you any advice which might encourage you to do illegal gas work.

Of course this "professional" will be able to sort it out for you.

However, we usually find on this forum that there is no professional to be involved and it was always intended to be a 100% DIY job.

In a few cases we actually find that its a job being done for payment for someone which is seriously illegal.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back