Worcester CH Boiler (19/24CBi), runs all the time.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this boiler has an cold weather thermostat to prevent freezing pipes. Unfortunately I now have to shut down the system when not needed, to save the gas bill and to reduce the noise of water flow in bedroom pipes during the "silent hours".

Whatever radiators are turned ON by the individual, thermostatic control valves, get hot for 24 hours a day, if left ON; despite the fact that the programmer, appears to be operating correctly to the times set; this is a Horstmann H527 programmmer .

Is there an easy fix to this problem, e.g. by adjusting a thermostat?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Your boiler should have a pipe and an air stat for frost protection. Where is the boiler located? Can't understand why it never shuts down. Do you have any zone valves?

Your boiler should have a pipe and an air stat for frost protection. Where is the boiler located? Can't understand why it never shuts down. Do you have any zone valves?
Thanks for the reply. The boiler is located in a passageway at the back door, it's always warmish in there, I don't think there's any zone valves unless they're under the floor boards, but there is one radiator which is in a very cold conservatory, this we always keep closed off at it's own thermostatic valve. The Worcester instruction manual, states that the radiator that is farthest away, should have it's valve left open, I don't remember any problems after 4 years residence; only now this Winter.

Regards

Sponsored Links
It's highly probable that a zone valve is the cause of your fault. You need to locate the valve/s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back