Worcester Danesmoor oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my oil fired Worcester Danesmoor SLPj 15-19 boiler,i had a fresh delivery of oil today and the boiler cutout!,i was told there may be water in the oil so i drained the line as far as the oil feed pipe into the combustion head, the fuel line is now full of oil, the boiler has fired once and ran for around 30 minutes,the problem now is that the lockout light is lit and a loud buzzing noise is coming from area of the burner it sounds like a transformer is running if that's any help ,the burner is an Electro Oil Inter B9,i have an engineer coming but does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?,any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
Low value capacitor.
Dirty motor bearings.
Siezed oil pump.

Or all three.

A delivery of oil stirs up all the crud in the tank. If you did not allow an hour for it to all settle back to the bottom of the tank before firing up the boiler then it could be that your filter is full of crap.:cool:

outinthestix said:
A delivery of oil stirs up all the crud in the tank. If you did not allow an hour for it to all settle back to the bottom of the tank before firing up the boiler then it could be that your filter is full of rubbish.:cool:

That does not explain the buzzing unless the pump is siezed.

Sponsored Links
sorry oilman, it's just that he said the buzzing sounded like the transformer that made me think there was a spark but not enough oil.

Hi Andy
Just read your old message and we have a similar problem. Pls could you let us know the outcome of your problem and how you resolved it?

Defo sounds like a ceased oil pump, replacement is the only option, flush thru the feed to the nozzle and new nozzle.

May not be the Oil pump, could be Motor, but if it is the Oil Pump, then when you put a new one on get the tank dipped for water..other wise you'll be replacing the oil pump again!!!!!! if it's a B9 burner then it should be a Danfoss Oil pump, there are 4 allen screws (one on each corner) take that off ( are there signs of water) also Danfoss Pumps have an Internal Filter...might be worth checking...if "Crap" has got into the pump..then that would Imply NO filter?

The oil pump is a Danfoss BFP 41 L 3

Bearing in mind that my boiler knowledge maintenance skills are zero:

a) Will removing the allen screws and then the cover cause any problems? Will oil suddenly spurt out? :)

b) Is there anything that I can do (short of replacing the pump) in terms of maintenance (noted re the filter), or is it really a job for the plumber?

you will be better off sticking with your current post Rollerball rather than resurrecting old ones

Matt

What current post is that? The one asking what type of heating system I have? That's a totally different topic ....... isn't it?

Argh, my bad - so sorry, I had a few tabs open looking for solutions and accidentally posted to this old one.

Humble apologies - I had a blonde moment!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back