Worcester Digistat broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think my Digistat may be broken. In auto mode, temperature is recording as 24 degrees (it is actually 18C ). So Boiler will not spark up unless I set the temperature to above 24. Currently I have target temp set at 26. Auto mode will not work at all.

Have tried changing the batteries. Have tried moving the control to a cold room. It is as though the Digistat cannot correctly interpret the room temperature. It is about 3 years old, worked perfectly until now.

These units have problems with Wifi signal. I do not think it is the signal - seems to be the Digistat is not correctly measuring the right temperature.

Sponsored Links
Thing is, the warranty is two years. Our is three years old. They are £160 new. So if I replace one every three years it is a quid a week. Can the CH be controlled directly from the boiler, by-pass this useless thing?

Sponsored Links
IMO, Honeywell programmable stats are better. A CM927 would probably swap for your old one.

Must you have a wireless stat? They have additional potential points of failure, so can be expected to go wrong more often. The wired Honeywell CM907 will be cheaper and more reliable.

You could temporarily fit a low-cost wired "knob" type wall stat, but I have no idea how to wire it to your boiler. I am not a heating engineer. The ACL Drayton dial stats are fine, so are the Honeywell. They have no timer function.

Swapping wired stats is easy, you just connect the new one (correctly) to the wires used by the old one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back