Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Over the last few weeks, our hot water has sometimes been freezing cold. And now it is constantly freezing cold.

When we turn the tap on the burner comes on, but the water coming out of the tap is stone cold.

Any ideas?

The heating is fine. Pressure fine, we have just repressurised it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
its really a job for a rgi as the case to your boiler forms a seal and ya cant get to it without removing the case. where in sheff are ya?

its really a job for a rgi as the case to your boiler forms a seal and ya cant get to it without removing the case. where in sheff are ya?

Dronfield.

My neighbour who is a plumber has been to have a look tonight, he thinks it is diverter valve and is getting a price of one for us tomorrow. But he hasnt had boiler casing off or anything, just looked at the outside of boiler and the pipe that comes outside the house from the boiler, and said hopefully it will fix it. My concern is we cannot afford to pay out for a diverter valve, for it not to be that as he hasnt looked inside the boiler.

Would you say that before a part is ordered, the casing needs to be taken off to know for sure what is the fault?

Today I have been getting hot water through my taps. So it appears to be an intermittent thing. Does this still point to diverter valve motor sticking?

Also the pipes that run underneath the house bang very loudly, whether the heating or hot water is on or not. Dont know if this is to do with valve sticking?

And also, 2 months ago our mixer tap on sink in bathroom stopped supplying cold water. The flow gradually got less and less until nothing comes out, dont know it this is related either.

How much would you charge to come, take casing off and diagnosis the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back