Worcester Greenstar 30 HE Plus Always On (Constant Noise)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I’m new to the forum but thought I would seek you help as I've got a situation with my boiler.

I moved house in July and inherited a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 HE Plus.

The boiler is working fine for hot water, but recently there was a leak that looked like it may have been happening for a while. I have British Gas homecare so they came out. Whilst the diagnosis work was carried out the connector to the temperature sensor was damaged and the BG engineer said that water had corroded it, so ordered a new one, and replaced the seal to the flue and a bearing in the fan assembly.

I wasn't present when these parts were replaced (the Mrs was), but now the boiler sounds like it is always doing something and makes a constant noise. I guess this may be that the pump is stuck on, as when I turn off the dial to the radiators the noise stops, but the hot water works as normal.

I have BG coming back for the 5th time, and they are going to replace the temp sensor and also the PCB to see if this stops the issue.

Has anyone on here got a clue as to why it’s always making this noise, as BG don't seem to know, and I am left having to turn the boiler off every night so the noise doesn't keep me awake.

Cheers

Daz

Sponsored Links
Just to update anyone who comes across this thread.

The PCB didn't fix the issue so the BG engineer rang WB.

They stated that becuase the unit wasn't using a TR2 room stat (it had a better 7 day timer) this has been known to cuase issues with the boiler going haywire at random.

This has been put in (in a temporary location as the wiring to the old stat only had 2 wires, this needs 3) and the pump has stopped running all the time.

Just got my fingers crossed the heating kicks in when its meant to now as it didn't this morning.

Cheers

Daz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back