worcester greenstar 30cdi pressure gauge staying low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved to a house with a greenstar 30cdi combi, CH & DHW appear to be working fine but the pressure gauge is constantly just below green.
I have used used the filling method - white key etc - to get more water in but the gauge does not respond when filling, or even after boiler is started and warmed up. (I can hear water flowing in OK during filling)

I took a rad off upstairs for decorating and refilled and bled after refitting and topped up the boiler. after the boiler finished its start up phase the pressure did rise, just to the bottom edge of the green sector, but now appears where it was.

how much water or how long should it take to pressurise up to 1.5 bar? And, as the heating and water appear fine, is the problem with the gauge or the internal pressure vessel?

Im not aware of any leaks anywhere or water coming out of any overflow via PRV.

Any comments and advice greatly appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back