worcester heatslave 20/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just had my boiler serviced but from then the lock-out on the boiler keeps kicking in and knocking the heating of. any help out there......cheers

Sponsored Links
i just had my boiler serviced but from then the lock-out on the boiler keeps kicking in and knocking the heating of. any help out there......cheers

Is it oil or gas?--I had hassle with my oil fired worcester when it was being installed and it took the engineer a while to work out that the valve in the oil supply tank had been knocked and accidentally closed which was causing it to lockout.--no oil--no go :eek: I did it again myself a while later when I had grief getting the oil cap off :oops:

its oil. it will run for a while then cut out and i have to hit the lockout button. checked the tank. just had a new diverter valve fitted 2days ago, thought that was the last of my problems then this.............. also thought it was low in oil, had tank topped up today. burner ran for an hour then out again. theres me thinking it was fixed then out it went............

its oil. it will run for a while then cut out and i have to hit the lockout button. checked the tank. just had a new diverter valve fitted 2days ago, thought that was the last of my problems then this.............. also thought it was low in oil, had tank topped up today. burner ran for an hour then out again. theres me thinking it was fixed then out it went............

It's not that then :cry: mine would only try to fire up for about 15secs then stop.I could reset it but it did the same ---you've got something else. Logically, I would think of either the new diverter or why you needed it.
Good luck--hope the weather stays warm :) :)

Sponsored Links
thanks jack,
feckin heating always breaks down in winter.........sod's law.
cheers

The diverter valve will not cause a burner lockout.

It could be the pump solenoid, photocell, the ignition unit or, less likely, the control box.

thanks oilman, is there anything that i can check out myself or would i be better getting someone else to check it out.
i just had it serviced 2weeks ago and this problem started then. i contacted the people who serviced it and they siad that they only cleaned the burner, now there looking another call-out fee at £49 per hour.
thanks........

Did it start locking out on the day it was serviced?

Is the firm Oftec registered?

Did he check and clean or change the tank filter??....... had a few of late where its just choked and starving the burner of oil. Sit for a few minutes the oil seeps through so you get a wee bit longer or the flame cuts in and out as the pressure fluctuates from the pump and sometimes locks out.
Up here in Scotland we have had ice forming in the water traps too!!....again slows the oil up through the filter if not blocking it totally.
Totally agree , diverter nothing to do with burner lock outs. :D

must have got a feckin cowboy 2 service my boiler. this is doing my feckin head in..............
phoned worcester services, guess what they wanted me to pay..........!!!!!!!!!!!!
£210.00
yes two hundred and ten feckin pounds, is this a joke or what.
BRING BACK CAVEMEN, AT LEAST THEY GOT THEIR HEAT 4 NOTHING

thanks oilman, is there anything that i can check out myself or would i be better getting someone else to check it out.
i just had it serviced 2weeks ago and this problem started then. i contacted the people who serviced it and they siad that they only cleaned the burner, now there looking another call-out fee at £49 per hour.

He should've done a bit more than clean the burner for a service - as kriostoflampie suggested check the filter for carp and bleed it.

Things can fail by coincidence £49 doesn't sound too bad, but I'd query if it turns out to be something he changed at service (if he's honest...)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back