Worcester Heatslave keeps locking out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine is trying to sort out a problem with her boiler. It is a Worcester Heatslave 15/19. She recently ran out of fuel and on refilling the oil tank, the boiler kept locking out after around 15 mins. I have had a look and oil is getting to the pump. I have vented the pump to ensure there was no air and all was fine. However, I also found that the CH pressure safety valve was operating and the gauge was at 3 bar. The water wasnt pouring out, but a steady/slow flow was present. I then found that the filling loop had been left open (for several months!!). I have switched the filling loop off and the pressure is now at around 1.25. It doesnt matter whether DHW or CH is individually calling for heat, the boiler still locks out after around 15 mins. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Before starting, measure the resistance reading accross the coil. Should be around 2.7K. Run the boiler until it locks out and measure again. If no continuity, coil needs to be replaced. They fail when hot.

Sponsored Links
Before starting, measure the resistance reading accross the coil. Should be around 2.7K. Run the boiler until it locks out and measure again. If no continuity, coil needs to be replaced. They fail when hot.

Cheers for that. Will give it a go.

Glad it's sorted. Being as you've saved a call out fee, how about a contribution to Red Nose Day?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back