Worcester Junior 24i - Mechanical clock not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Junior 24i - Mechanical (MT10) clock not working, no heating even on over-ride kept time OK but when overiding no heat from boiler. I replaced Mechanical clock with digital Salus ST620WBC version (wireless). Receiver comes on (Red transmit/receive light on) but heating still does not come on. Hot water fine. Just had an engineer in who says I need to contact Worcester Bosch to get a replacement PCB. I was expecting him back with the part today but he has just rung back to say I need to contact Worcester Bosch to get the part myself. I have now spent £170 for a half job. The Old receiver allowed me to get heating whilst still connected (I assume it paired up with the new Salus transmitter/control console) but since I have disconnected that the new receiver does not seem to connect to communicate with the boiler.
Anybody know if I should be looking at other things before I replace the PCB? If I hold the maintenance button down for 5 seconds the heating does come on briefly.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.JPG
    IMG_2484.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
if your hot water is fine,why would you need a new pcb? what did you spend £170 on?
I'd get a new engineer before a new pcb.

Hot water runs fine, it's my heating that is the problem. I should be able to program times that my heating comes on using the wireless console/controller OR over-ride the programs to have constant heat. (Either wirelessly, using the console/controller OR directly by flipping the switch on the wireless receiver from "auto" to "manual"). There seems to be communication between the console/controller and the wireless receiver as the red light on the receiver lights up whenever I make a change on the console. The "instruction" just does not seem to go any further ie: the Wireless receiver is not communicating with the boiler (either wirelessly or manually, when the switch is flipped from "auto" to "manual").

Is the MT10 clock still connected to the boiler? If it is then it needs disconnecting.if you haven't got the blank plate still then it can just be unplugged behind it then put back in.

Sponsored Links
Hi Johnmdc, NO, I have replaced it with a Salus Wireless ST620WBC receiver and remote console/controller. I did have the old wireless receiver (wired in) and my NEW Salus remote console/controller somehow did pair up with it and I could manage heating OK from the remote console/controller BUT I could not manually over-ride by flipping switch, on NEW receiver(replaced in space where OLD mechanical MT10 was attached) from "auto" to "manual". I could not manually over-ride with the OLD MT10 mechanical clock but I could by using the OLD wireless remote console/controller with the OLD wireless receiver. (I have uploaded a couple of photo's. One shows the NEW remote console/controller and the other shows the OLD wireless receiver (disconnected) and spur switch). Hope this clarifies things, thanks for your reply!

I didn't realise that it was a receiver built into the boiler. When you disconnected the old wired up receiver did you put a link back in between LS and LR on the boiler terminals? If not then you need to.

How olds the junior?

PCB might not accept third party controllers

Johnmdc
"I didn't realise that it was a receiver built into the boiler. When you disconnected the old wired up receiver did you put a link back in between LS and LR on the boiler terminals? If not then you need to. "

Thanks again for your reply, I'll give that a try......do I just need to get a short electrical cable to do that, or do I need a special connector? Thanks!

oph
"How olds the junior? PCB might not accept third party controllers"
I think we installed in 2009, the current PCB has the right connection and as you can see in the photo at the top of this thread it does power up/communicate. I will however run this by Worcester Bosch Support before ordering the part. Thanks for your reply!

Yes that's it. Just a short piece of wire. Obviously make sure the power is turned off first.

Johnmdc - Thank you so much, that worked a treat, heating is back on & responding correctly to remote transmitter & is over-riding correctly, all is well!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back