worcester or remeha

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some opinions on which combi boiler to go for. My choices are between a worcester 28i or a remeha avanta 39c?

i have been quoted the same price for either but which one would i better off with?

i don't want to create a war just some opinions to point me in the right direction :D

Sponsored Links
After some opinions on which combi boiler to go for. My choices are between a worcester 28i or a remeha avanta 39c?

i have been quoted the same price for either but which one would i better off with?

i don't want to create a war just some opinions to point me in the right direction :D

Baxi Duo Tec 33HE better and Far cheaper but you have now started a war :D

Sponsored Links
i didnt want to start a debate on which boiler i should have, just wanted opinions on the 2 i listed,if i really had to have one or the other which one? :LOL:

really dont like worcestor, not keen on the heat exchanger, out of the 2 id go remeha but its your choice

But you are not comparing like with like. The WB 28i can only handle a flow rate of 10 litres per minute for a 35C temperature rise. The Avanta 39C can handle a flow rate of 16 litres/min.

There is no point buying the 28i if your flow rate is higher than 10 litres/min.

The Worcester every time, i have installed both and the worcester is a better boiler, but don't go for the i range, go for the cdi slightly more money but worth it.

what degree rise is that at 16 litres d hailsham on the Avanta?

Are we comparing like for like or is that a 28c rise instead of 35,this will make a huge difference and can artifically inflate the figures

What degree rise is that at 16 litres d hailsham on the Avanta?

Are we comparing like for like or is that a 28c rise instead of 35? This will make a huge difference and can artificially inflate the figures.
Both figures are for a 35C temperature rise. (It's actually 15.9 litres/sec on the Avanta.)

The calculations are as follows:

Flow = (60 x kW) / (4.2 x temp rise) litres per minute.

or

Temp Rise = (60 x kW) / (4.2 x flow)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back