Working out the pitch of a roof

Sponsored Links
People like you need protecting from themselves. :rolleyes:

And your insults only make you look silly. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ha ha ha I'm not surprised that the email I've just received was notifying me that I've had a response from no mates joe-90, you probably couldn't wait to get on here to gain more posts, I bet you tell everyone down the day care centre that you've got the most posts due to getting on the wrong side of people with inappropriate help, now why don't you get ready as you special bus will turn up soon, perhaps they might take you for a little ride so you can see more of the world.
Should I sign off with a few little yellow character faces just to make it sparkly?? No I will leave that to you.

People like you need protecting from themselves. :rolleyes:

And your insults only make you look silly. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Ha ha ha I'm not surprised that the email I've just received was notifying me that I've had a response from no mates joe-90, you probably couldn't wait to get on here to gain more posts, I bet you tell everyone down the day care centre that you've got the most posts due to getting on the wrong side of people with inappropriate help, now why don't you get ready as you special bus will turn up soon, perhaps they might take you for a little ride so you can see more of the world.
Should I sign off with a few little yellow character faces just to make it sparkly?? No I will leave that to you.

Oh dear. So you think that mental disability is a 'funny' subject.

Tells me everything I need to know about you.

Leave humour to people who understand it - you are making a fool of yourself.

Sponsored Links
All you need is a measuring tape, a spirit level and a scientific calculator.

Use say a 1200mm level and rest one end against the roof slope and hold it level. Measure vertically from the non touching end to the roof.

Divide the vertical measurement by the length of the level i.e. 1200 and then press inv tan (tan-1) on the calculator and you will have the pitch in degrees.

Hi noseall, I have done what you have recommended, could you tell me if what I've done is correct.

The level is 1800 long and the vertical measurement is 320.

There's two ways in doing it as far as I can see

320 divide 1800 = 0.17777777777778 then press tan-1 = 10.080597

Or

1800 divide 320 = 5.625 then press tan-1 = 79.9

Which is correct and am I doing this right??

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back