working pressure at boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
tested a Baxi 105e in work today inlet\working pressure was bang on 20mb but dropped to 18mb then stabilised at 20mb again - is this normal?

Sponsored Links
and another thing...

I know how to get max output on a combi (high flow rate through hot taps), but how do you test the min rate, i have noticed that when a combi fires up on DHW the burner is at a low rate then whoosh!, is the low rate i mentioned also the min rate that should be used if adjusting the min rate on the gas valve?

Sponsored Links
Baxi 105e MI does not state how to obtain a minimum rate from the boiler. It just tells you how to adjust the rate (small nut and disconnect one of the modulation wires - though when the wire was disconnected the boiler would not fire).

it f**ing doesnt :evil:

I learn more on here than i do in college and work - so be greatful that someone (me) is learning the trade the proper way and not just getting my CCN1 and pretending i know it all, ripping off people working with gas appliances with minimum knowledge and generally being a completly crap gas engineer.

I love this job and this site is simple the best thing that i've found so Kevplumb please teach me somemore you git :LOL:

just looked under the sites 'profile' icon but cant see anything that says show/hide email?

found it :oops:

why do you want my email - are you going to give me the greatest bit of info on becoming a successful engineer that the world has never heard?

no i will give you some advice based on experience and if you think you will learn that in a class room i'll set the scruff on yer (it will not be pleasant)

DJ don't take prisoners bonny lad ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back