workshop on agricultural land

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone , I am to totaly new to planning and owning land , I have a very small piece of land , less than 1 acre with no dwelling in the curtilage .

It's was owned by a farm and was given to a neighbouring house in the 1930s as it was on the other side of a public byway to the farm (that is also the acess) and then was sold as a piece of land in 1986 and now has been sold again this year to me.

It is unregistered with the land registry so I will be the first registered owner . It has a stone and wooden shed on it a large polly tunnel ,fruit trees and things of that nature all long established. so I can only assume it is agricultural land.

Getting to the point I want to put a single story workshop on it about the size of a double garage , wood clad live roof sort of thing ,and want to know what my chances of planning success are ???

Thank you and Sorry is that was a bit long winded :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Whatever you want to put on it, make sure you say it's "ancillary" to the existing agricultural use. ie you need the building as part of doing what you are already doing on the land.

But first of all, make done discreet enquiries with the planners, as to the existing use of the land.

OK , I want to put chickens on there and grow a lot of crop , more fruit trees, bushes ect

Is there anything specifically you would recommend I do to help my chances of getting it

And are there acess requirements for doing something like it's like as there is with putting a dwelling in or will the lane going there now be enough ?

Sponsored Links
Thats great woody ,thanks for you help.

Do you know what common grounds for refusal might be ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back