Worktop & Bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

First post here!

Im putting a wee workbench in the garage, its a 3M worktop which fits perfectly into the space ive got. Im looking to build a frame which I can strap MDF onto to make my own shelves ect & finish it before painting it, What is the best type / size of wood to use for the frame and how do I fix this to the breezeblock & attach the worktop too. I will have a big tv and a computer monitor on there!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
what weight are you planning to put on these shelves!!!

idealy an unsuported length of around 1m is ok for moderate loads and mdf shelves fronted with timber

or 0.75 if a bit heavier loaded

providing your not rebuilding engines or heavy hammering on the worktop and assuming you have a fully supporting frame
you will get away with brown plugs every 2ft along the top rail and one cenral and towards the bottom of each back leg into the wall

if you choose not to have a frame but 12 or 18mm mdf i would suggest around every 600mm you place a divider to hang your shelves from

i will go into more detail if you choose this method ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back