Worktop upstand - internal corner dilema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut my upstand to fit into the corner but there are pipes running down the wall (in the corner) which is preventing me from using a standard mitre. I have thought of a solution; use an extra piece of upstand to cut out the corner. I just haven't a clue what angles these need to be cut at? I'll attach a diagram as I'm not sure I've explained it that well!

Sponsored Links
if you are boxing in the pipe using a vertical piece to cover the pipe, then assuming the corner is square in both directions, then a cover strip with a 45 degree bevel on each edge should fit.

Wotan

As wotan says, a 45° bevel on each edge of the diagonal piece will work as long as the corner is square. (You are basically forming a right angled isosceles triangle.)
You don't need to mitre the two lengths that butt up to the pipe, if that is what is confusimg you, as the double bevelled corner piece should fit snugly up to them on both ends (again, assuming walls are 90°).

I prefer the corner to be square think a 45 degree will look naff, do you have upper cup's ? what type of upstand, worktop is it?

Sponsored Links
alternatively you could use a length of ceiling coving, suitably sealed and painted.

Wotan

I have two pipes in the corner of my kitchen and I made the corner board complete with bevels much larger so I could then put a small shelf on it. It looks ok and is very useful. Pipes are boxed in and blend in with the decor. very well. Fixing was easy with Nonails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back