World AIDS day

J

JulieL

It's World AIDS day today.........as usual not much in the press or on television - and this could result in people thinking it isn't a problem anymore.

Perhaps we should have more campaigns like we did in the 80's. Does anyone remember the campaigns from the mid 80's - the iceberg and the leaflet through the doors?

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Yes i do julie and as Billy Connerly said---no matter what you say you wont stop people shagging each other-- and he was right so perhaps thats why we still have aids.

But i have heard that if i get hiv i can cure myself with clean thoughts and vitamin tablets, sadly no chance on the clean thoughts

:LOL: i got another through shagging :LOL: shagging :LOL: shagging :LOL: shagging :LOL: shagging :LOL:

Have you had to tell anyone they have hiv julie?

Freddie said:
Have you had to tell anyone they have hiv julie?

Yes - many, many people over the years Freddie - last time was Tuesday :cry:

Sponsored Links
How do most people get it nowadays then --sex--gay sex--drugs and also can or have lesbians got hiv?

Freddie said:
How do most people get it nowadays then --sex--gay sex--drugs and also can or have lesbians got hiv?

You can read from the articles on here re HIV transmission etc

http://www.google.com/u/hpa?q=hiv+figures&sa.x=6&sa.y=8

Lesbians can get HIV, although they are considered to be at lower risk of STI/HIV - but it can depend on other factors though ie sharing needles, whether they're having sex with men etc, etc

The iceberg advert was rubbish, i couldn't make sense of it a bit of plain speaking in schools would help before kids get started

So most people dont know they are carrying the virus and find out when being checked for other things---spooky :eek: Gone are the days when you woke up with a runny nose or an itch.

pickles said:
The iceberg advert was rubbish, i couldn't make sense of it a bit of plain speaking in schools would help before kids get started

Many people have said that but you can't get away from the fact that STI/HIV rates during the time of those particular campaigns were dramatically reduced.

Re the school input - I totally agree and it should be part of the curriculum as it is in some other Countries - but many teachers are ill equipped to deliver sex and relationship education

A runny willie you dickhead--gonnorea !!!!!

JESUS we certainly found one here

Sponsored Links
Back