Would PR help UKIP

What your describing is the party whip system. High time MP's were allowed "free" votes on all issues, instead of being told how to vote by their inglorious leader.

So why don't MPs vote the way their constituents want? I know an MP can lose the 'whip' but what does that mean to the individual MP?

I don't fully understand the whip system either, but I presume that if they don't follow the party line they may not receive any support from their party at the next election. Perhaps there are other consequences too.

Sponsored Links
High time MP's were allowed "free" votes on all issues, instead of being told how to vote by their inglorious leader.

The problem is that voters won't vote for independents (or rarely do). So potential MP's align themselves with parties, the parties provide support and promotion and expect support in return from their MP's.

Sponsored Links
It doesn't matter what system of government we have it is the EU who calls the shots.
The UK will become nothing more than a province of Europe unless action is taken to reverse the process.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Remember? there is only ONE Conservative Westminster MP voted into the Westminster Parliament.
Question? how would you feel about that? Where only One MP at Westminster is an elected member of the DOMINANT party in power out of all of the Westminster MPs
There are several areas that could have a similar grievance.

It depends whether you consider Britain one country or not.
There is only one part which has been given the opportunity to vote on this and they decided that it should be.
Do you reckon England is still a country, there are millions born in England who don't regard themselves as "English"most black people describe themselves as Black British.

Remember? there is only ONE Conservative Westminster MP voted into the Westminster Parliament.
Question? how would you feel about that? Where only One MP at Westminster is an elected member of the DOMINANT party in power out of all of the Westminster MPs
There are several areas that could have a similar grievance.

It depends whether you consider Britain one country or not.
There is only one part which has been given the opportunity to vote on this and they decided that it should be.
Do you reckon England is still a country,
Well, by definition, it is.

there are millions born in England who don't regard themselves as "English"most black people describe themselves as Black British.
Isn't that what I said?
English - or Black English - is not an option on any forms.

Some PR would help, at the same time i like the fact they stand up and say it how it is. Whoever posted that 100reasons why to vote UKIP i nodded to many of them.

All i know is if the Labour/SNP coalition end up ill fking chuck the towel in, what a horrific thought. All the scrounging $$$$ in this country along with them bitter lot up north will be rejoicing, its all about cut off their noses to spite their face. They would rather see anyone actually succeeding and doing well pillaged and financially shafted for the benefit of the poor, than some sort of improvement in our economy. And thats before the SNP and their blatant racist leader has a say.
(thankfully Wallace has already declared no to such an alliance..but never say never)

Do you reckon England is still a country, there are millions born in England who don't regard themselves as "English"most black people describe themselves as Black British.

There are several options on these forms, one says White and another Black British. None say English because that has nothing to do with ethnicity.

There are several options on these forms, one says White and another Black British. None say English because that has nothing to do with ethnicity.

just as muslim has nothing to do with race.

What form are you looking at?

My passport doesn't say White.
It says British; there was no choice for English.

Sponsored Links
Back