Would this work?

Sponsored Links
It can be useful with WB paints to ease application, not sure about OB as never done it. I've always thinned with white spirit and never noticed any loss of sheen level. I'd say it would be easier to heat the paint by decanting gloss into a kettle and then placing in a larger kettle with hot water in it.
Thin paint is much easier to apply though IMO.

I found this out by accident (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.... :eek:) after leaving a can of gloss on a radiator overnight. It did apply easier when thinner, as always, but it's not something I would do as standard - hot paint smells stronger and just seems weird to me. White spirit is what I use when required and, as said, I've never noticed a loss of sheen either. In fact, it sometimes seem shinier to me.

Just had a quick look at some of the other videos he has posted and, while he has some good tips, I'm not convinced he has the best methods for everything. Each to his own, I suppose. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I used to stick the paint on top of a bin heater when I used to do house bashing.Works for a while but soon cools down in a cold unheated house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back