Would you consider this price as expensive for a house ?

Fair comment but, the majority of the members on here live in the UK, ok we may be in the EU but that's as far as our relationship with Europe goes, we don't even have the same currency as Europe. Asking about house prices in France won't get you any useful advice as we really haven't a clue. ;)

And, I might add, many of us would rather not be in the EU!

Sponsored Links
Anyone else think this is an odd first post on UK DIY site?

why do you think it's an odd post ? I was just wanting to have people's opinion on the house .

Please excuse us. The trouble is that we have had more than our share of trolls on this site, often disappearing and then reappearing under different pseudonyms.

I think we have all learnt to become rather careful!

well , I am not a troll , I did really want to have an opinion on this house since I do not live in Europe .

Fair comment but, the majority of the members on here live in the UK, ok we may be in the EU but that's as far as our relationship with Europe goes, we don't even have the same currency as Europe. Asking about house prices in France won't get you any useful advice as we really haven't a clue. ;)

Well , I understand where you come from , but just because you do not live in France does not mean that every brit does not. I have heard of a lot of english people having houses in France , in the south of france especially . Well , there is already one example with a user living in France with the flag of france who responded to my question ... See ? It still worth asking for it . Anyways , I'm not a troll ... that's all this should really boil down to .

Yes, I'd consider it ovepriced, by a decent margin.
If it was in the south of France, or in/around some large towns, it might be a fair price.
Brittany is the cheapest part of France for house prices and property prices are still very stagnant in France, more so in Brittany.
I would expect a few hectares of land, some fantastic views, some business potential, or some other attractive propositions to warrant that price.
I wouldn't consider more than about 180,000 Euros for it.

Rubbish.

Brittany is not the cheapest region of France, of the 21 regions it's probably around mid table.

As far as this property being a fair price it if it were in the S of F, again rubbish. If this property was in or around the Côte d'Azur it would be around €1.5m.

Not sure where you got your info from bit it's pretty wide of the mark, IMHO

why do you think it's an odd post ? I was just wanting to have people's opinion on the house .

Please excuse us. The trouble is that we have had more than our share of trolls on this site, often disappearing and then reappearing under different pseudonyms.

well , I am not a troll , I did really want to have an opinion on this house since I do not live in Europe .

I agree with your last statement. In fact I'd go a little further and say you don't have much of a clue about anything and an opinion about everything.

Breastplate of righteousness, perhaps.
Point the finger at anyone and everyone to divert suspicion from yourself?

Sponsored Links
I still have a suspicion that this is another example of a thread of one troll under different guises talking himself up!

I still have a suspicion that this is another example of a thread of one troll under different guises talking himself up!
It may have escaped your notice, but my first post in this thread was a constructive response to the OP.
This was followed by a post from terrypin that my opinion was rubbish. Then it later accepted that he/she had no clue.

The you suggested that I'm a troll.
I suggest you two take a long hard look at yourselves. Lets see if you are capable of discerning who are the aggressive posters.

Monsieur Reindeer, get a grip, the 'we' was the 'Royal' we, the collective 'we'.

It is obvious that you know nothing of French properties from your vague and incorrect info.

You stated Brittany was the cheapest place for houses in France, when pointed out that it was mid table of 21 regions you countered with "I should have been more specific and said "one of the cheapest". Well mid table of 21 means it is about the 10th cheapest area or 10th most expensive, not a very accurate guesstimate, was it?

This would suggest it is you that is lacking and hasn't a clue.

Monsieur Reindeer, get a grip, the 'we' was the 'Royal' we, the collective 'we'.

It is obvious that you know nothing of French properties from your vague and incorrect info.
So you've become the expert again. :rolleyes:
You will notice that I provide external links for the OP to do their own research, Whereas you provide naff-all except insults and your opinions.

You stated Brittany was the cheapest place for houses in France, when pointed out that it was mid table of 21 regions you countered with "I should have been more specific and said "one of the cheapest". Well mid table of 21 means it is about the 10th cheapest area or 10th most expensive, not a very accurate guesstimate, was it?
You forget that I have personal experience also to influence my opinion. In addition, on my travels I see so many houses, overpriced and not selling, and also properties basically unsellable, even for a song. The tables I provided, although far superior to your information, is based on actual sales, not properties for sale. My experience is based on both properties sold and for sale.

This would suggest it is you that is lacking and hasn't a clue.
At the end of the day, my opinion is that the OP could buy a far superior property in that price bracket, in that region/department than the poperty that he/she was considering.

Your contribution so far, has been attempts to deride me. Absolutely no constructive contribution so far. Even advice to the OP that they are wasting their time on this site.

Linking back to JBR's post, I would ask who is the troll?
Your contributions, so far as I can see, are deriding, insulting, and destructive.

How can I forget you have experience if I don't know you have? Very confusing, unless of course the French flag is your proof.

Your experience is hearsay.

How can I forget you have experience if I don't know you have? Very confusing, unless of course the French flag is your proof.
Figure of speech. :rolleyes:
Perhaps my awareness of other relevant websites is a small clue. :rolleyes:

And your attitude seems to be "ne'er do well" so you try to deride others instead of a positive approach.

And your attitude seems to be "ne'er do well" so you try to deride others instead of a positive approach.

I don't try to deride others, some do a good enough job on their own.

Stating a region is the cheapest when it clearly isn't shows a lack of understanding of the topic in question. Giving false information is none productive and misleading and reflects upon yourself in a less than favourable way.

Stating a region is the cheapest when it clearly isn't shows a lack of understanding of the topic in question. Giving false information is none productive and misleading and reflects upon yourself in a less than favourable way.
You are deluding yourself.
I give an opinion that the house is overpriced, supported by external reference. While you suggest that the house could be worth as much as €1.5M.
Can I suggest that you restrict yourself to areas of your own expertise, if there are any.

Your singular purpose on here, as far as I see, is to criticise others' comments.
Therefore, surely, you fit into JBR's image of a troll!

You are deluding yourself.
I give an opinion that the house is overpriced, supported by external reference. While you suggest that the house could be worth as much as €1.5M.
Can I suggest that you restrict yourself to areas of your own expertise, if there are any.

Your singular purpose on here, as far as I see, is to criticise others' comments.
Therefore, surely, you fit into JBR's image of a troll!

Ok, cherry pick and misquote me as you wish.

I said a house like that in the S of F could be worth as much as €1.5m, not in Brittany. This was in response to your ridiculous generalisations that the house may be worth €250k if it were in the S of F, you obviously have very little experience of this part of France. I know people who have paid more than that on a berth for their boats so yes, a house like that could be worth €1.5m.

I don't have any expertise in the French housing market, don't recall suggesting otherwise, what I do have is experience in two renovations, part ownership in a very well known and established carp fishery(now sold )and keeping a boat there, many years ago I admit, 15 years ago to be correct.

So, no I have no expertise just a little experience in regions, the rest can be found on Google which I suspect is your one and only source.

Oh come on, RNR. Give it a rest and let Tortue have a few words. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back