y-plan not calling Broag system boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler is a Broag Avanta 24S and X6 block is fed from Wiring Centre { port 8 }.
I knew it was wrong but when I set it up as per the handbook { removed links X2:1 to 4 and X2:3 to 4 then set permenant L/N/Earth to X6:1,2and3 then plugged port 8 from wiring centre to X2:1 as per standard y-plan } the boiler comes up , fires once then sits at 0 on the panel waiting to be called , however , when wiring centre pin 8 comes up to 230V it does nothing .
230V comes and goes with thermostats as expected , so I reckon I'm missing something on the boiler , any ideas ?????

Current/original boiler block setup :

X2 : pin 1 linked to pin 4
X2 : pin 3 linked to pin 4
X2 has no other connections

No blocks for X3 , X5 or X7 connectors

X4 : pin 1 connected to white
X4 : pin 2 connected to black
X4 : pin 3 connected to brown
X4 : pin 4 connected to blue

X6 : Temp Live from Wiring Centre 8
X6 : Permenant Neutral

X9: pin 5 linked to pin 6
X9 : pin 7 linked to pin 8
X9 has no other connections

Sponsored Links
L & N to X6
SwL to X2 Terminal 1
Remove both links from X2.

Set Boiler Parameter P.3 to "1" (CH/HW ON)

Remember that when first switched on the boiler will carry out a Venting procedure for several minuites to clear air from Heat Exch the pump will cycle on/off and the burner will fire on/off for a short time.

If you do a lot of Remeha's it is worth investing in the software to plug Ur laptop into the PCB setting up is a lot easier ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot to mention I have already tried just removing 1-4 on X2 , still no joy ....

What do you mean by temp live to X6?

This should be permanent live.

You need a link on 3,4 of X9, which you say isn
't there but it is required, so if it is not there then that is your problem.

On X2 you must use one or the other of 3 and 1 as a s/l from the wiring centre,removing link at same time, the one you don't use must remain linked.

Wiring centre must be on same switched fuse spur for safety or send it a live from 4.

it's firing up the boiler from the 230V demand feed { from Wiring centre term 8 orange from 3-way valve } , but when I feed a permenant Live , place the 230V demand in term 1 on X2 and remove the links . It starts up but won't call CH or DHW

Best practice is use 1 on x9 as live in, leave link across 3,4.

The way that 3,4 and 1,4 work is that both have to be made for boiler to fire.

Sorry although I said X9 I should have said X2 that was just an error in typing. Otherwise your diagram shows exaclt what I have been saying, leave link 3,4 of X2 in situ and put the s/l into 1 of X2 after removing the link.

You rightly point out that permanent live goes to x6 this has never been denied.

You rightly point out that permanent live goes to x6 this has never been denied.
You said: Best practice is use 1 on x9 as live in, leave link across 3,4.
I took this to mean that the permanent live should go to X9 whereas you meant the switched live.

Just goes to show that you cannot assume anything. ;) It's always better to provide too much info.

It's hard work sometimes, we could have wired it ourselves in 2 minutes but spend 1/2 hr trying to explain it to a novice.

I tried the links ( 3 to 4 ) on X9 , but this just fired on the boiler constantly .

The strange thing I picked up from reading Paul's post and also the user manual was I should be able to feed a clock off pins 4[L] and 5[N] on X2 , but I have never had 230V on pin 4 .

My setup at pres. is :-

X2 : pin 1 s/l
X2 : pin 3 linked to pin 4
X2 has no other connections

No blocks for X3 , X5 or X7 connectors

X4 : pin 1 connected to white
X4 : pin 2 connected to black
X4 : pin 3 connected to brown
X4 : pin 4 connected to blue

X6 : Permenant Live
X6 : Permenant Neutral

X9: pin 3 linked to pin 4
X9: pin 5 linked to pin 6
X9 : pin 7 linked to pin 8
X9 has no other connections

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back