Yale Alarm - Door Contact Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the Yale EFKIT2 Wireless Alarm system and have a problem with the two door contacts, which have been working fine to date.

I received a message telling me to change the battery on one of them, which I did, however it did not seem to work (e.g. no LED light). I therefore removed the other working sensor to see if I had put the battery in wrong, which I hadn't. I put the second senor back and now that also doesn't work (no LED). Again I've changed the battery on this but still nothing.

I'd accept that perhaps one is broken but for both to fail at once seems slightly odd. I note that I did trip the 'tamper alarm' when changing the batteries, however I have removed these warnings now.

Despite trying multiple different batteries in each sensor I can't get the LED light to come or, or for the system to register them as new devices.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong? Otherwise I guess it's time to buy new contacts!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Mark_UK, good evening.

One possible idea?? try the Yale web site and look for your installation, then see if there is a Q /A page, or a commonly askes problem solving page??

Just a thought?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back