Yale Home Alarm: what is the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just moved into a property and need to install an alarm.
It is a mid-terrace and I have met the friendly neighbours, so have selected a 'Bell-Only' rather than a monitored system.

However - I would like to be contacted when the alarm is triggered. So, should I opt for the rather catchy:
Yale Easy Fit Telecommunicating Alarm (EF-Kit2 to it's friends) -OR- HSA6400 model?

They look the same to a moron like me, but with a different 'control box' - which would be under the stairs so cosmetics not an issue.

What is the REAL difference?? Thanks Adam

Sponsored Links
Main difference is they operate on different frequencies, 868 MHz (generally regarded as better) as opposed to 433 MHz.

and some use two way communication which allows the panel to check all sensors are there before allowing the alarm to be set. It also can determine if doors are open or closed. If at any time a sensor goes missing or fails totally the panel will know and inform the owner. Attempts to set the alarm with a protected door open will result in a warning about the door.

One way communication does not allow that check to be made and the panel has to rely on the sensor being there and functional. This requires regular walkk tests by the owner to check that all sensors are reporting motion or door opening. Some door sensors only send a message when the door opens and do not send messages saying the door is open. It possible then to set the alarm with a protected door open.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: The OP asked for the differences between two specific Yale alarms.

The differences can be found by reading the manufacturer's specifications for the two systems. But knowing the differences is only part of the decison process. Knowing how those dfferences affect the operation, use and reliability of the system is equally important.

You get what you pay for in this instance.

Ever heard 'buy cheap, buy twice?'

Nice to see the anti-Yale crew piling in.
Did I use the word Yale ?

I was talking about the type of communication between sensors panels and sirens on a radio channel used by a host of licence exempt equipment.

The closest I got to Yale was the mention of a manufacturer who recommends turning off tamper ( jamming ) detection if it creates too many false alarms.

Actually, the Response brand was going through my mind.

It's about time you, John D, got off your high horse.

You are just a one time user of another brand who seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

As expected, the anti-Yale crew have invaded this thread about Yale alarms with their own vague, inaccurate and unhelpful garbage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back