Yale HSA6200 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a Yale HSA6200 wireless alarm and have a problem, the keypad and one of the door sensors suddenly stopped working at exactly the same time.

The door sensor was flashing, which i presumed meant it needed a new battery...duly changed and now it doesn't work at all. The keypad the same, the battery was failing, put in a new one and now it doesn't work at all.

I have tried a few batteries in each and no joy. The batteries do work as they have been tested in something else.

It may just be coincidence and they both need replacing, but I just thought it strange.

Any ideas would be very much welcomed, it's driving me mad!

Many thanks,

Richard

Sponsored Links
reset the code in the keypad to 0000 per the instructions, see if it now works, if not, learn it in again per the instructions.

try learning in the sensor as well.

avoid Duracell batts as they no not make good contact in these

It is much easier to work if you take the siren off the wall while you are working, and only refix it when you have retested everything.

change the batteries in the siren if it has difficulty hearing the senders.

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try all this in the daylight tomorrow.

Just to say, in terms of resetting the code on the keypad, when i press anything on it the light does not work, it is as if it has no power. Same with the sensor.

Thanks

Richard

could the batteries be in wrong?

what sort are they?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Checked and the batteries were in wrong, i had them under the wrong metal prong :)

The sensor now works fine, but cannot get the siren to recognise the keypad. I have set into learn mode via the Keyfob, do I need to put the siren in learn mode from the siren itself?

Thanks

Richard

IIRC you have to set the tiny switches in the siren to "learn"

the keypad sends the "Arm" signal without a PIN, but needs the correct PIN to disarm. So first test if the siren recognises the "Arm" button. If not, learn it in.

then, see if the PIN works. you can reset the PIN to 0000 and then change it, per the instruction booklet, if your own PIN is no longer working.

Ah, thank you. Will get out there in the wind and rain and sort in the morning.

Thank you again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back