Yale HSA6400 Panel Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to change the back up batteries in my control panel, as the current ones are pretty much life expired. Where is the best place to source? I have seen them in a shrink wrap with a connector lead on ebay. Is it a must to buy like this, or can the batteries simply be replaced on their own?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
the genuine Yale ones have a plug on the end that fits onto the socket on the panel wire. There are no batteryholders or terminals in the case for loose cells.

If you are handy you can buy a Tamiya rechargable battery for less money and connect it in some convenient way. I got one in Maplin on clearance, with more mAh. You could for example solder a Tamiya socket onto the panel wire. It is too small to crimp with ordinary tools. Or you could cut off the wires with connector from the old battery pack ond solder them onto the new one.

Measure the space very carefully as some battery packs are too big to fit.

It will be much more difficult to make up your own by soldering shop-bought or tagged cells together.

I have now managed to source a replacement battery. What is the easiest way to change this over?
Should the panel be put into 'change battery' mode, and this battery changed with the mains power still on? If the mains power is switched off, and the back up battery disconnected, I would have thought the siren may sound!
Thanks

IIRC, set Tamper "off" before you remove the panel from the wall. It will set off tamper alarm when removed if not. Unplug the mains supply. as soon as you have the panel off the wall, turn off the backup battery switch behind the cream rubber plug. You may need tweezers. Once you have removed power supply and turned off battery you can do what you want with the panel and it will not activate the alarm.

I don't rember seeing a Change Battery mode, just Tamper Off.

Sponsored Links
I have finally got a battery!
So to confirm, first I need to disable the tamper. The only way I can see of doing this is by putting the panel in programming mode?
Then turn off the mains, then the battery switch under the rubber plug to off.
I take it the whole back of the panel needs to be removed ie the 4 outer screws, and when I power the unit back up I won't have to re learn all the devices, as there must be some sort of memory?
Thanks in advance.

it will keep the memory. as far as I can tell indefinitely, I have had them unplugged for several months, possibly a year, and never lost memory.

Once you have unplugged it and the battery has run down or been switched off, it will not set off the siren because it is dead.

I have not got the instructions to hand but I am sure there is a tamper off setting that you use e.g. when changing sensor batteries. Have a look in the booklet.

Thanks John
Book just states to put in programming mode - there is no specific 'tamper off' for the system, only for the siren.
So does the whole back of the panel have to come off for the battery change?
Cheers

IIRC yes. Some of the panels have a battery flap that you can open by removing a single screw, but I don't think this one does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back