Yale HSA6400 Power Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have recently bought a Yale HSA6400 Premium alarm kit with a few add-on bits (extra PIRs, keyfobs and door contacts).

Having found the ideal place to mount the control panel it turns out that there aren't any nearby power sockets to plug the unit in to. However, the consumer unit is close by and I was thinking of using something like this to feed the panel in a less unsightly way than having an extension lead and transformer set-up.

I'm a bit confused about the power requirements of the panel itself. The manual and the supplied transformer are in agreement that the power should be 9V @ 500mA. However, on the reverse of the control panel the markings state 12V 1A.

I'd like to clarify whether it's a 9V or 12V input or whether either will suffice on this control panel.

I have tried the Yale consumer helpline for the last two days but a recorded message says that they are 'unavailable to take calls today'.

Has anyone come across this before or indeed hard-wired their control panel power supply?

Any ideas or advice? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
From memory, they used to have a white 12v PSU

However, rechargable batteries have improved a lot over the last couple of years, so follow the instruction book. Look for a publication date.

See if the Yale UK website, alarms section, has an email address.

The device you linked to is an AC transformer and completely unsuitable.

I'd noticed this inconsistency before as well. The transformer with mine (from ~3 years back) is unregulated though, with regulation in the panel.

I would be inclined to just extend the existing power supply. Use reasonable gauge wire and voltage drop shouldn't be an issue - the panel works fine down to about 6.5V and doesn't monitor voltage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back