Yale HSA6400 Siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Is it possible to have two live sirens on this system? Out of interests there a maximum number of sirens, or are they just classed as standard devices i.e. total devices 20 max.?
There is no cause for concern - I don't want to install 20 sirens!!
Cheers

Sponsored Links
With sirens you can have as many as you feel like. They dont take up a slot in the systems device area. The control panel sends out an activation signal and any siren programmed to receive it will activate.
You could have 1000. (although I believe somewhere along the line you will reach the end of the road because of the panels ability to transmit a strong enough signal for more than x amount of sirens)

the strength of the radio signal transmitted by the panel is unaffected by the number of sirens receiving it, so you could have a thousand or ten thousand.

In the same way that the brightness of a lightbulb is not reduced if it is observed by one person or ten or a thousand.

One at the front of the house, one at the back, and one out of reach inside would usually be more than enough, unless you have outbuildings. The cheapest way to buy an extra siren is usually to buy one of the basic kits with no control panel, that way you get some extra sensors and a keypad which is useful. Sometimes you will find sirens on Ebay. The rectangular 3000 accessories are compatible with the 6000 series alarms but instructions are different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back