Yale Premium Alarm HSA6400 - Dialler difficulties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I make a test call the panel shows me all the correct messages but it dos not ring the mobile number I am calling. I have also tried a land line, same problem. Everything else seems to work OK. I have checked the line using a handset and get dial tone and can make calls. Can anybody help?

Sponsored Links
Have you recorded a message?

If you don't record a message as far as I remember the panel will not ring out.

Other reasons for not calling out are if you need to dial 9 to get a line out and you don't include the 9 as part of the number and other similar types of problems.

9 may be needed as a prefix, or a pause between numbers.
Is the line allowed to dial out? Often something overlooked. As we do not know the situation your in.

More info will get a better answer.

Some non BT lines provide a dial tone that some auto diallers do not recognise as dial tone.

Some lines require a short delay after picking up the phone and before dialling. On these lines an auto dialler's first digit may be lost (or corrupted if pulse dialling ) if it is not set to include a pre dial pause.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for all your comments. The line I have is with Virgin. I connected a handset to the cable being used for the control box and get a dial tone and I can ring out. There is no prefix, but I wonder if a pause might be needed. How would I do this? I have re-recorded the message a few times to make sure that was not the problem, but is there a way to check the the recorded message is OK?

The only way to test the message is by doing a test call.

There is one other reason you may not get a dial out. You MUSt have an adsl filter between the alarm and the phone socket if you use your line for broadband aswel.

Hi and thanks for the good idea. I have been in contact with Virgin who confirmed that my phone line and broadband are separate. Broadband is on fibre optic and the land line on copper. Irrespective I tried the ADSL filter, but this did not work. Still at a loss to understand as everything else works.

If you have set up the messages correctly ( it seems you have). Then tested the line.
The only other option is the panel is at fault.

But you have to be totally sure you have eliminated all faults.
As always here it is check, double check and eliminate.

I suggest you recheck everything, as sometimes " you cannot see the woods for the trees".

Although not graded and lacking in some aspects to a professional system ( hence no logged errors) this should work to its limited degree.

on the 6400, do you have to record the three messages, and the address, separately?

if you mean like a SD1 2 or 3 +
Who knows, but even the SD will play the opening message. There is more to this than a opening message I believe.

In answer to John D and alarm you record only one message which I usually record simply as the homeowners name address and postcode.

Should the alarm be activated by a sensor the prerecorded message will go out with the aditional system message of 'burglar' if the panel is activated by a linked smoke detector then the message will go out with the additional system message of 'emergency'

You don't record different messages for each phone number.

The numbers are called in sequence

The system will dial each number 5 times. Thats dial and redial not the number of rings.
If that is unsuccesful then it moves onto the next number in the list.

To the OP ,
Just check you have inputted the number correctly ie the stored telephone number you have put into the panel. I once had problems ringing out and checked back to find I had accidentaly made a mistake putting the telephone number in the system.

As I said, "limited".
Even a SD1 will give a different message as to the activation. Fire, Alarm and or Panic Alarm.
In fact what ever you want, to include the address or whatever else you want to be known.

It will call all in sequence, or only a chosen one . It will call and if ignored....................i`ll stop now, its just better.

I agree, make sure the number is correct.

The autodialler in the yale is for a specific circumstance ie calling the property owner directly therefore the features it has are all it needs.
If you recieve a call from your yale you acknowledge by pressing 9 or 0 this then stops the dialler continuing through the list of numbers.
With the yale you then have the capability of calling back the home and disarming the system if you believe it was a false alarm ie 'oh crap I did not shut the kitchen door and the dog has got into the lounge'
You can also 'listen in to the home remotely to see if you can hear anything from the control panels inbuilt microphone . . . You would obviously be concerned if you heard voices when your home was supposed to be empty.

When I make a test call the panel shows me all the correct messages but it dos not ring the mobile number I am calling. I have also tried a land line, same problem. Everything else seems to work OK. I have checked the line using a handset and get dial tone and can make calls. Can anybody help?

Just to tick off a couple of basic points in case we missed them

1. Your mobile has got a signal has it? I once went to a home and could not test the system from my phone as the local area did not have coverage for my mobiles provider.

2. What was the land line number you tried - not your own? You would not get a call in if the panel was ringing out. ie it can't call itself.

There has been mention that the panel may be faulty this may be the case. Personally I do not have any experience of an autodialler not working in a yale panel despite setting up hundreds but that is not to say it could not happen I just think there will be a simple reason.

Thanks again to all of you. The numbers are correct, that was my first idea as I though the problem may have been dialing my mobile, but I entered both a mobile and landline and then dialed them separately. I am coming to the conclusion that I will try a factory reset and start again. If that does not work then I can only think that the fault must be with the control unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back